It's A Great Day

Remember when you were a kid and you wanted to fly a kite but there was no wind? So you took your kite, played out about three feet of string and started running until the kite began to climb. You ran and played out more and more string until you felt the sky pull it back and "viola!" your kite was in the air!

My day began much like that. Only without the running. Or the kite. I had zero mojo at first but doing much better now.

Had a fantastic WOD for lunch today and I'll have to say I was not excited about it at first but it was fun after all. What made the fun was seeing hard work paying off with heavier weights and faster speeds.

Started off with a 3-3-2-2-1-1 Dead Lift (3 reps twice, add weight, 2 reps twice, add weight, 1 rep twice, at heaviest weight). Started off at 115# and ended at 275#. Next time, I shoot higher!

The WOD was:
200m run
20 box jumps
400m run
40 Thruster (45#)
400m run
40 Dead Lift (115#)
200m run
20 power cleans (115#)

Felt my rocket engine kick in after the first Dead lifts at the start, so hit the 200 m runs at 6.5 on the treadmill. Was able to keep that up through the 400's. Hey, I was excited! Cranked it up to 7.0 on the last 200. 

What really made my day was throwing the Power Cleans. Time to go heavier! 

If you need some encouragement, here are some "Pull-ups and Pick-Me-Ups" with Zach (in other words, "what's your excuse?":


Now get out there and play hard! 

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception