Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

One Dark Night

A short poem written in the mid-1500s by a Spanish monk was so deeply infused with passion and meaning that the same monk wrote two books explaining the poem. The poem in its entirety (translated from Spanish) is given here, in song.



The poem describes the journey of the soul to God, "wherein the soul sings of the happy chance which it had in passing through the dark night of faith, in detachment and purgation of itself, to union with The Beloved." Think of it: two whole books to explore the depths of all that means.

These are a necessary read for every soul going through a dark night.

The first book, "Ascent of Mount Carmel"
The second book, "Dark Night of the Soul"

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “