Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

Finished Reading: “Twelve Years a Slave”

 


Finished reading “Twelve Years A Slave” by Solomon Northup. Kidnapped, beaten, sold into slavery, Solomon Northup recounts his experience in this masterwork that gives a genuine glimpse into a part of American history. Northup could not recount without pain so he cannot be read without pain. Of all he experienced, his description on his reunion with his family after twelve years a slave is most remarkable and moving. The 2013 movie might be more familiar to many, but his book is worth the read. Available on Kindle.

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “