Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

The Scientist

Starting a new section in my reading guide on “Foundations of Science and Mathematics.” This song came to mind as it’s back to the start, reading through the ancient then 16th, 17th and 18th centuries sources, the founders of mathematical and scientific ideas (Euclid, Archimedes, Ptolemy, Copernicus, Kepler, Galileo, et al.) Maybe the cooler nights will bring clearer skies for stargazing, to follow the moon and reflect on how we understand our world, to be a better person. 


“Man is now a world traveler, who sees his motions projected into the sky and thus becomes the measure of all things.” — Curtis Wilson, Dean, St. John’s College


Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “