Dying with Courage

(indulge me on this one, ok?)

Dying With Courage
A personal tribute to Tom Brazaitis, a husband who endured his final days with a clarity of mind and spirit.

WEB-EXCLUSIVE COMMENTARY
By Eleanor Clift
Contributing Editor
Newsweek
Updated: 11:51 a.m. ET April 1, 2005

April 1 - While the country watched Terri Schiavo, I watched my husband. He was in a hospital bed in our living room battling the ravages of kidney cancer that had spread to his bones and his brain. As I wrote about and commented on the Schiavo situation, I kept quiet about the end of life process I was overseeing in our home for the person I have been closest to for more than 20 years.

(link)

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception