If I end up like Terri

by Mark Hartwig

Editor's Note: On the day of Terri Schiavo’s tragic death, the pundits are writing about what they think is the moral of the story: make sure you have your “end-of-life wishes” in writing. But they’re missing the point. The real moral requires far more insight, maturity, responsibility and faith: be sure of whom you marry.

Dear Janelle,
These last few months have troubled me deeply. And I have a request that I hope you'll have the courage and strength to honor: If I ever become like Terri Schiavo, please don't put me through what she has endured.

(link)

*************
Honey, I share this man's feelings exactly. "What God has joined together, let no man put asunder . . . till death do us part."

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception