Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

Workout Summary

This last week with the encouraging partnership of my darling wife, I “rebooted” my weight-loss regimen.  “Reboot” seems to be the word nowadays; or perhaps “re-imagine.” There is no re-imagining here.

When we first began, I lost 30 pounds then put back on a few as my knee went out and my walking routine became challenged. Now that my knee is functional once again, I enjoyed last week’s workout, burning a total of 3055 calories. And I learned something new.
I spent a total of 2 hours and 40 minutes walking and/or jogging, burning 1616 calories.

I also spent a total of 2 hours and 30 minutes practicing and/or leading worship, burning and approximate 533 calories, which is the same number of calories burned pushing a non-motorized lawnmower for one hour.
Lost two pounds since last Monday (but then, I am being hard on myself)! Three more to go to reach my lowest mark since we began the first time around!

Today I won’t be going to the gym because we are still recovering from heat exhaustion over the weekend. Our A/C went out Saturday night (after a long day well over the 100 degree mark) and the house stayed right at 90 degrees all night. Then we led worship and celebrated our church’s 10th anniversary. My entire body aches as if I just finished a heavy workout. Maybe tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception