Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

Jour De La Familia (Canada)

The third Monday of February is "Family Day" in the Canadian provinces of Alberta, Ontario, British Columbia and Saskatchewan, a day set aside to celebrate family and family life. We Americans celebrate birthdays, Mother's Day, Fathers's Day and even Grandparent's Day, but why not the context of the relationship? I love this idea!

What a marvelous idea for communities to focus on the family, especially in the context of the many threats imposed against children by other human beings. Each person has a responsibility to make a family unit: parents (fathers and mothers with their responsibilities) and children (who must learn theirs).

What happens as a family is vital. A wise eye once observed that 1% of a modern child's influence comes through the local church; 7% of his influence from public school; 92% from the family.

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “