The more God comforts us, the more we can comfort others. Adrian Rogers said “we are more like God when we encourage and more like the devil when we don’t.” There are seven kinds of fruit to share from the harvest of suffering:
- Do you want to know Christ? (Yes!)
- Do you want to know the power of His resurrection? (Of course!)
- Do you want the fellowship of His suffering? (How about two out of three?)
3. Suffering exposes Sin. Faith does not mix with unbelief. God comforts us in Christ by His victory over temptation and sin. We have a way out because Jesus experienced temptation as we do, yet did not sin.
4. Suffering Exhibits His Fruit, giving us opportunity to show Jesus to others. Look at Matt 5:13-14. Now answer these questions:
- What is the follower of Christ to the world?
- What is the context of being salt and light? (see Matthew 5:10-12)
6. Suffering Equips Us For Ministry (see our key verse, above --2 Cor 1:3-4)
7. Suffering Elevates our Hope of Heaven. “Blessed [is] the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him." (James 1:12)