Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

Finish

Someone recently asked me, "how many push-ups can you do?"

I have no clue. One of my warm-ups often include up to 50. Note I said, "warm-ups."

The pic here was taken during Murph, a memorial workout that consists of a 1 mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups, 300 squats and then another mile run. That's me over there, catching my breath.

I like push-ups and I do them until I can't do any more. The great thing about push-ups is that you can take them anywhere. Can't take a bench-press with you wherever you go, but you can push your body up off the floor. I'm not a Navy person, but if I was on a ship getting tossed about in 40 foot swells, you would not find me on a bench press.

Push-ups is just one training exercise that taught me that I can accomplish what I set my to accomplish. I had no plan but to finish. If I have 50 or 100 or 200 to do, I push myself to finish. The same is true with many things in my life. Finish.

Finish sweaty, finish hurting, but finish. Dig deep, but finish. 

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception