Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

A Mistake?

The other day I saw a headline on someone's webpage which read, "Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking." I immediately thought of Romans 14:12 which reads, "So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God."

I found this card in my topical file under "sin":

What man calls an "accident," God calls "abomination."
What man calls a "blunder," God calls "blindness."'
What man calls "defect," God calls "disease."
What man calls "chance," God calls "choice."
What man calls "error," God calls "enmity."
What man calls "fascination," God calls "fatality."
What man calls "infirmity," God calls "iniquity."
What man calls "luxury," God calls "leprosy."
What man calls "liberty," God calls "lawlessness."
What man calls "trifle," God calls "tragedy."
What man calls a "mistake," God calls "madness."
What man calls "weakness," God calls "willfulness."

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “