Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

Another Year is Dawning

“Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12)

“I with Thee would begin, O my Savior so dear, on the way that I still must pursue; I with Thee would begin every day granted here, as my earnest resolve I renew—To be and remain Thine forever.” (A Swedish prayer)

************

“Another year is dawning,
Dear Father, let it be,
in working or in waiting
another year with Thee;
another year of progress,
another year of praise,
another year of proving
Thy presence all the days.

Another year of mercies,
of faithfulness and grace;
another year of gladness
in the shining of Thy face;
another year of leaning
upon Thy loving breast;
another year of trusting,
of quiet, happy rest.

Another year of service,
of witness for Thy love;
another year of training
for holier work above.
Another year of dawning,
Dear Father, let it be,
on earth, or else in heaven,
another year for Thee. Amen.”

(Frances Ridley Havergal, 1836–1879)

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “