Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

Resisting the Intrusion of the Irrelevant

"When Peter asked our Lord, concerning John, 'Lord, and what shall this man do?' (John 21:21), the reply was, 'If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? Follow thou me' (v. 22). Our Lord was never sidetracked by the secondary. Whether questioned about tribute to Caesar, dividing an inheritance, or why a Jew should ask a drink of water from a Samaritan, He always stuck to the main issue. We must resist the intrusion of the irrelevant. 'What is that to thee? Follow thou me.'"

from Pepper 'n Salt by Vance Havner. Fleming H. Revell Company, 1966

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “