Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

10 Ways To Bust Writer’s Block

 

  1. Get all your writing gear together.
  2. Find a comfortable writing spot.
  3. Put pen to paper and start writing.
  4. Write anything that comes to mind even if it’s nonsensical or gibberish later on. Your goal is to write, not edit. 
  5. Use creative writing exercises like top 10 lists, or writing only questions.
  6. As you write, look for themes, and focus on those. If more than one come to the surface make note of them and come back to them later.
  7. Write for you and you alone. 
  8. Take a reader on a virtual tour of what’s around you. Be as descriptive as possible.
  9. Write a letter to someone.
  10. Write about your day but instead of using “I” or “me”, write using “you” as if someone else were telling you what was going on. Example: “You could tell she was a Karen before she placed her coffee order but you already made up your mind that you were going to make her day.”

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “