Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

Ambidextrous: 10 Left-Handed Lessons

 Weakness does not imply uselessness. The strong, dominant side needs the weaker, secondary side. Ask a musician. Or a lumberjack. I bow my cello with my dominant right hand, but it’s my weaker left that makes the music. My right hand can only play four “open” notes, but my weaker hand can play all the notes. I can split a log but need the left hand as a guide. Even a one-handed person requires balance, it just comes from somewhere else. What weaknesses need to be strengthened?

  1. Focus. Constantly review your “one thing” for the day. 
  2. Slow down.
  3. Respond, don’t react. 
  4. Listen before talking. Be of few words.
  5. Push, don’t be pulled.
  6. Get physically active, even if it’s yoga. 
  7. Stop looking back.
  8. Lead, don’t just work.
  9. Do a daily review. 
  10. Observe.

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “