Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

"New Year Prayer" by A.B. Simpson

"Lord, I would ask for a holy year;
Spent in Thy perfect will;
Help me to walk in Thy very steps--
Help me to please Thee still.

Lord, I would ask for a year of faith;
Give me Thy faith divine.
Taking my full inheritance,
Making Thy fullness mine.

Lord, I would ask for a year of love;
Oh, let me love Thee best!
Give me the love that faileth not
Under the hardest test.

Lord, I would ask for a busy year,
Filled up with service true;
Doing with all Thy Spirit's might
All that I find to do.

Lord, I would ask for a year of prayer--
Teach me to walk with Thee;
Breathe in my heart They Spirit's breath;
Pray Thou Thy prayer in me.

Lord, I would ask for a year of joy,
Thy peace, Thy joy divine,
Springing undimmed through all the days,
Whether of shade of shine.

Lord, I would ask for a year of hope,
Looking to Thee to come,
And hastening on that year of years,
That brings us Christ and Home."

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception