Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

Read like a sieve

Dr. John Hannah, professor of Church History at Dallas Theological Seminary was encouraging a group of young people to read the Bible.

A hand of discouragement was raised, "It's no use! No matter how much I read, I always forget what I have just read."

Dr. Hannah replied, "Take heart. When you pour water over a sieve, no matter how much you pour, you don't collect much . . . but at least you have a clean sieve."

"Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You." (Psalm 119:11)

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception