Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

"Tim's Vermeer"

Ever chase a rabbit? What I mean is, have you made a startling discovery as the result of a mere distraction? 

While following two of my favorite magicians online, I stumbled onto a documentary directed by Teller (of Penn & Teller). Being a lover of good magic and classical "anything" (art, music, literature, philosophy, etc) I was intrigued as to why a team of magicians would make a documentary about Johannes Vermeer, a Dutch painter who lived in the 1600's. You might know his work: 

"Girl With A Pearl Earring" (1665)
Source: Wikipedia
This compelling documentary reminds one to slow down and take another, perhaps an even deeper look at art because what Vermeer left are more than paintings. The man was more than an artist. He mastered time with a paintbrush.


The film is available on YouTube for $2.99 or on DVD from Netflix. 

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “