Playtime!

Image
I just love this picture: boy and plane, off the ground.

31 Days Of An Ultimate Fitness Challenge: Day 24 "Get Focus"

The "Challenge" for me this month centered around what just transpired over the last 12 days. My entire world was transformed by an opportunity to do something I've never done before: run away with the circus...well, almost.

The State Fair was here and I took time off from my real job to work security at the Fair. Had a great time doing it, and I'd do it again--shoot, I will do it again next year!

Anyway, the "Challenge" for me was that, as my schedule changed, I had to find time to maintain my fitness. Truth be told, working 12 hours or so per day with barely enough time to eat, I was too exhausted for a regular fitness routine. On my feet all day, by the time I got to the house, I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Everything hurt, like I'd been in heavy training. As of this morning, I lost 3 pounds over the 12 days...which is awesome because I've not been able to get the scale to move for months, so I'm excited about three pounds.

Truthfully, I think that I would not have lasted these 12 days without high intensity training.
I may not have had time in the gym, with weights or time running, many days I was at high intensity for hours on end. Saturday it was reported that 25,000 people came through my gate and I estimate that a fifth of those were processed at my station alone in one day. It was also reported that a quarter of a million people attended the Fair total, so believe me when I say I burned some calories.
Today, I'm recovering from my vacation. Some rest, food and quiet. Maybe some yoga later or at least some bodyweight training. We'll see.

Be encouraged to hang in there. Don't give up. If you are focused and intent on making any progress, remind yourself of your "why"--why you train, why you change your diet, why you do what you do. Change comes slowly but it's worth it when you hang on. Get back to why you started then keep going. What you gain in the end will be worth every ounce of effort.

Play Hard!


Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

Finished Reading: Edward The Second