31 Days Of An Ultimate Fitness Challenge: Day 9 "Get Rested"
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Congratulations on a good solid week of playing hard! Today was a rest day for me, a day that is perhaps the most difficult of all training days. While everything in me screams "I must do something!" I also know that I can't. I'm tired and the best training comes with rest.
This day of rest does not stop me from planning for the week. Sometimes on rest days I take a few minutes to dirt-dive my mission for the next week. I begin to set my mind to the task that lay ahead, visualize the training sessions and strategize about how I will get them done. But I also put my feet up.
The next couple of weeks will be full of days unlike any I've faced before and will bring a unique challenges in and of themselves. They will be long, They will be hard. I may not get to do the fitness I would like--or much anything else I am accustomed to; however, since the training I've been doing is more than physical, I am ready to face the challenges that will be coming. Pushing my "red line."
I can't say too my presently about what I'll be doing (it's not top secret, it's just not time to say), but it will be challenging. It will something unlike I've ever done before and I'm kind of excited about it. Not exactly a "bucket list" thing, but one of those opportunities came along to do something completely different and I could not pass it up.
You should do something like that: just surprise yourself with doing something completely different.
Now, get some rest. You're gonna need it.
Rest Hard!
This day of rest does not stop me from planning for the week. Sometimes on rest days I take a few minutes to dirt-dive my mission for the next week. I begin to set my mind to the task that lay ahead, visualize the training sessions and strategize about how I will get them done. But I also put my feet up.
The next couple of weeks will be full of days unlike any I've faced before and will bring a unique challenges in and of themselves. They will be long, They will be hard. I may not get to do the fitness I would like--or much anything else I am accustomed to; however, since the training I've been doing is more than physical, I am ready to face the challenges that will be coming. Pushing my "red line."
I can't say too my presently about what I'll be doing (it's not top secret, it's just not time to say), but it will be challenging. It will something unlike I've ever done before and I'm kind of excited about it. Not exactly a "bucket list" thing, but one of those opportunities came along to do something completely different and I could not pass it up.
You should do something like that: just surprise yourself with doing something completely different.
Now, get some rest. You're gonna need it.
Rest Hard!
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Popular posts from this blog
I’ll Be Gnome For Christmas
The Island-Fish
“O ye passengers, whom may God preserve! come up quickly in to the ship, hasten to embark, and leave your merchandise, and flee with your lives, and save yourselves from destruction; for this apparent island, upon which ye are, is not really an island, but it is a great fish that hath become stationary in the midst of the sea, and the sand hath accumulated upon it, so that it hath become like an island, and trees have grown upon it since times of old; and when ye lighted the fire upon it, the fish felt the heat, and put itself in motion, and now it will descend with you into the sea, and ye will all be drowned: then seek for yourselves escape before destruction, and leave the merchandise.—The passengers, therefore, hearing the words of the master of the ship, hastened to go up into the vessel, leaving the merchandise, and their other goods, and their copper cooking-pots, and their fire-pots; and some reached the ship, and others reached it not. The island had moved, and descended...
