31 Days Of An Ultimate Fitness Challenge: Day 5 "Get Over It"
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Today is one of those days where my schedule is wrecked. Since I had a doctor's appointment this morning my plan was to get up early and do my training early. It did not happen. Not sure it will happen tonight either because of music practice.
Know what to do when facing obstacles? Get over it. Whether it be a hurdle, a 10 foot wall or a schedule conflict, get over it. Do whatever it takes. Some challenges require a team. Call for help if you need it. Take a moment to stop, think, re-think and try again. Whatever it is, conquer it.
Relax, be flexible. If you know a challenge to your schedule is coming, plan ahead. Don't use that as excuse not to get busy. There is still time in the day to get a few minutes of fitness in. The same is true with whatever difficulty you may face.
Yesterday's blog has a few suggestions if your fitness schedule is challenged. 5 minutes is better than nothing. See how many "5 minutes" you can squeeze in today.
Oh and don't worry. I'll get something in today.
Yesterday's blog has a few suggestions if your fitness schedule is challenged. 5 minutes is better than nothing. See how many "5 minutes" you can squeeze in today.
Oh and don't worry. I'll get something in today.
Play hard!
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Popular posts from this blog
"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion
I'm nearly finished reading Joan Didion's collection of essays, Slouching Towards Bethlehem. The book was discovered through another book I was reading, Jon Krakauer's Eiger Dreams . If Jon felt this book was good enough to pack along on a mountain climbing expedition, then I'm interested. Took me three tries, but I finally found my copy on Amazon. One of the best book buys I've made. Joan selected the title of this book from William Butler Yeats' classic poem, Second Coming . The book title is shared with one of her larger essays, a record of encounters with people in the 1960's drug culture. Didion's book is divided into three distinct parts: "Life Styles In The Golden Land," a collection of articles capturing the California experience of the 1960's; "Personals," a few of essays of the first-hand nature; and "Seven Places Of The Mind", some thoughts about those parts of California that are now long gone. One essay...
I’ll Be Gnome For Christmas
“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “
“VANITY, saith the preacher, vanity! Draw round my bed: is Anselm keeping back? Nephews—sons mine … ah God, I know not! Well— She, men would have to be your mother once, Old Gandolf envied me, so fair she was! What’s done is done, and she is dead beside, Dead long ago, and I am Bishop since, And as she died so must we die ourselves, And thence ye may perceive the world’s a dream. Life, how and what is it? As here I lie In this state-chamber, dying by degrees, Hours and long hours in the dead night, I ask “Do I live, am I dead?” Peace, peace seems all. Saint Praxed’s ever was the church for peace; And so, about this tomb of mine. I fought With tooth and nail to save my niche, ye know: —Old Gandolf cozened me, despite my care; Shrewd was that snatch from out the corner South He graced his carrion with, God curse the same! Yet still my niche is not so cramped...