Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

"Bear Complex"

Holy Smokes.

Ok, yesterday was a holiday so the CrossFit box I follow did not post a WOD so I thought to myself, "self," I says, "self--why don't you do the Bear Complex?" And I says to myself, "nope. Would love to, but I'll do the Hero WOD 'DT' instead."



So I did.
I did DT with a heavier weight than I've ever done before (115# all the way through). Felt mighty first thing this morning.

So I get up and check the WOD. Bear Complex. I can't remember if I was happy or sad, but "5k" did cross my mind at one point. So I'm sore all morning. Popping Tylenol and Ibuprofen and making sure I'm getting enough protein to recover. I get into the gym and think, "Ok. Bear Complex. I did 115# pounds yesterday, so why not?" I got started and after the third rep of the first set knew that I had to adjust my game face. Got through the first set.

Added 10# and nearly died. I heard angels singing. I saw my body waaaayyyy down there.

After the second rep, I knew I was in trouble. Yes, I dropped the bar. Not supposed to do that in Bear. But I did. But I picked it up again. Don't tell me I bit off more than I can chew unless you've chewed it too. The minutes passed like weeks. But you gotta admit--there's something satisfying in dropping weights.



Took off the 10# for the last set. I was pretty much done. Two days of basically the same movements smoked me.

But still had a 10 minute AMRAP to go of:

  • 5 Shoulder to Overhead
  • 10 Deadlift
  • 15 Box Jump

4 rounds with 115#.

Yeah. Gonna feel that tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

Finished Reading: Samuel Johnson