Its Happening

Image
  I’ve been spending the last few months on something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. I’m using every possible moment on this project and it’s really coming along. I am currently 7 chapters completed out of a potential 20.  However, given the source material, each chapter is just a little bit longer than the previous. So who knows when I’ll be finished. I’m learning so much tho! 

Today I Am Moved

Yesterday I shared a video made by four college students called, "Living On A Dollar A Day."

Today's I'd like to share the trailer for their second project called "Salam Neighbor." The full movie is found for $4.00 on YouTube, or if you have Netflix, it's streaming.

In this project, the young filmmakers want to experience the refugee situation and set out to live among the 85,000 Syrian refugees in Jordan. What they quickly discover is that they actually become refugees as their plans change without warning.

This is a moving film as the project team was able to capture people and moments they would have otherwise missed had their initial plans come to fruition. Any refugee situation is not to be taken lightly because no matter the source or means of the crises, human beings are always at the center.

Popular posts from this blog

"On Keeping A Notebook" by Joan Didion

“And so, about this tomb of mine . . . “