Today I am Trying . . .

Sorry, Yoda. I disagree--there must be "try" because sometimes a "do" may look like a "do not," and if one does not try then the "do" becomes a "didn't" and the opportunity is gone. When one stands at the brink of "do" and one "does not," then one has acted out of fear. He has not "tried," thus killing his chance along with that part of himself that should have known, could have known, victory.

"Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." (Frank Herbert, Dune)

Think of those who tried.
They may have died because they tried. But they tried. 
They did not fail. 
They died "doing."


Families are born because parents try. 
Lives are saved because medical teams try.
Discoveries are made because explorers tried.
Victories are won because warriors tried. 

Surround yourself with people who believe in you, encourages you to "try." When you do the same for them, then you join the ranks of great people. 

So, I am trying.
Every day I try. I try and train on my own personal Grinder.

When I try, it will not be I who fail but that which is tried, tested.
I will succeed. 

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception