Three New Additions To My Desk

Image
Actually, it’s an ad-duck-tion. I missed the perfect opportunity to say, “and they’re in a row, too!” Silly goose. 

Enchiridion 52: Be Wise

Epictetus ends the Enchiridion quoting poetry and the final lines communicate the final, and perhaps greatest lesson. Quoting Euripides (a writer of Greek drama and tragedy) Epictetus gives what sounds like a blessing, saying,

"Whoe'er yields properly to Fate is deemed
Wise among men, and knows the laws of Heaven.”


Take a moment to ponder the consequence to the one who will not yield to wisdom.

Listen to the voice of wisdom.

"Wisdom cries aloud in the street, in the markets she raises her voice; at the head of the noisy streets she cries out; at the entrance of the city gates she speaks: 'How long, O simple ones, will you love being simple? How long will scoffers delight in their scoffing and fools hate knowledge? If you turn at my reproof, behold, I will pour out my spirit to you; I will make my words known to you!'" (Proverbs 1:20-23)

Popular posts from this blog

“Men and women who saw God in the Bible: Why did they not all die?”

A Sonnet

A Fresh Perception